Black Bear Coatings & Concrete is a small company, but extremely busy, and we’re looking to add great people to our team!
We hire to our core values:
- Fail Forward – Failure is not a problem. The problem comes when we don’t learn from our experiences. Everyone fails, it is how we rise from the fall that matters.
- Road Less Traveled – A group of people that do NOT always thrive on the road well-traveled (corporate environments be damned) but have found a home here, together, having followed the road less traveled. We stick together, take care of each other, and work as a TEAM.
- The Extra Mile – We strive to go further and do it better than others. We stay a little longer, work a little harder, and put a little bit more into our floors so that they’ll reflect our efforts.
WHAT WE DO DIFFERENTLY THAT MAKES OUR TEAM LOVE BEING AT BLACK BEAR:
We strive to help people build lives that they want to live. We hire the right people that make up a great team, and then offer them the training and knowledge that they need to succeed and build a career that they can be proud of.
We kick off your time here at Black Bear with an orientation of the organization, and an overview of the skills you’ll need to get into gear. We’re continuously adding to Black Bear’s Training University platform, which allows our crew to tap into a variety of courses to master the skills necessary to help you advance in your career. Then, we team up our crew with experienced workers and foreman who will give you the on-the-job training you’ll need for success.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Paid Sick Time
- Vacation Time and Holiday Pay
- Life Insurance, Health and Dental
- 401K Options
- Continuous Training
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCED TRADESPEOPLE LIVING IN CENTRAL MASSACHUSETTS IN THE FOLLOWING ROLES:
Experienced Epoxy Floor Installer
Compensation: $TBD PLUS benefits (401K, Health Insurance, Vacation)
About the role:Fast paced growing commercial/industrial epoxy flooring company has immediate need for EXPERIENCED installers. We supply tools and equipment. We have a very generous compensation and benefits package including a paid training program. We are looking for individuals seeking a career rather than just a job.
- Must have epoxy flooring experience
- Experience with urethane and mortar systems
- Must be able to install cove base
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Paid travel time
- 1-3 years epoxy flooring experience
- Able to lift up to 75lbs
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Physical ability to kneel and crouch over extended periods of time
- Attendance and punctuality are key to this position
- Attention to detail
Foreman / Team Lead
Compensation: $24-$45/hour PLUS benefits (401K, Health Insurance, Vacation)
About the role:The Working Foreman / Team Lead provides leadership and is responsible for running knowledgeable and proficient crews. This is a key position in the organization, a first line of support for the Operations Manager, and a primary point of contact for clients and other contractors. This leadership role requires a motivated self-starter who can hit the ground running and who can overcome challenges, generate results, and keep a team motivated. We offer on the job training and opportunities for advancing in your career.
The Foreman’s Key Responsibilities
- Installation and application of floors
- Supervising & leadership
- Ensuring the safety of crew members
- Following OHSA guidelines
- Productivity of crew members and quality control
- Ability to read and interpret design drawing & blueprints
- Experience in concrete grind & polish, epoxy coatings and/or concrete restoration
- Experience managing crews
- Ability to complete work on time and within budget
- Strong leadership skills
- Great communication skills
- Reliable transportation
- Driver’s license
- Physical ability to perform the work
- Flexible schedule to work some evenings, weekends and holidays
Compensation: $18-$21/hour PLUS benefits (401K, Health Insurance, Vacation)
About the role:Our Application Specialists are a part of a team that prepares concrete surfaces and installs epoxy, urethane, and other floor types in various types of buildings and facilities in the New England region. We work under tight deadlines, often during company shutdowns, to provide high quality, durable flooring systems that meet or exceed requirements and expectations. Typically, each day starts off between 5:00-6:00 am at the shop.
Paid 3-Day Training – No Experience Necessary Employment type: Full-time. At this upcoming 3-day training event you’ll learn about the materials, chemicals, and tools used to install floors, mixing, grinding and application. From there, you’ll be plugged into a work schedule where you’ll continue to learn and grow through our apprenticeship and training model, helping you to work toward a long-lasting career as an Application Specialist, Lead, and Foreman.
Our core focus is to help people build lives that they want to live. With that, we provide training and education to support long-term career growth within the industry and the organization. This includes potential advancement to Application Specialist Level II, Application Specialist Level III, Team Lead, Working Foreman, and Field Manager.
Application Specialists Key Responsibilities
- Work as a part of a team with foreman/lead and crew
- Grind/shotblast concrete for prep
- Load/unload materials from truck
- Perform various types of manual labor
- Keep jobsite, trucks and shop orderly and free from hazards
Application Specialist Requirements
- Ability to measure proper amounts of material
- Experience in construction/floors (preferred)
- Skilled at using electric power tools (preferred)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Physically fit / ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Arrive on time to the job every day
- A valid driver’s license & reliable vehicle
The warehouse technician will perform a variety of functions being a direct supporter of the field crew, performing equipment/vehicle maintenance and repair, receiving materials and inventory control, monitoring/replenishing supply levels while keeping an organized and cleanliness environment.
Warehouse Technician Requirements
- High school diploma / GED equivalent
- Forklift certified
- At least 1 year of warehouse experience
- Motivated with a positive attitude and promote suggestions/ideas and improvements
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks while being proactive with minimal supervision
- Computer skills with receiving experience, Google, Word
- Mechanically inclined and basic equipment repair experience
- Able to lift up to 75lbs
- Valid driver’s License and reliable transportation
- D.O.T. certified or willing to get D.O.T certification
- Attendance and dependability are key to this position
- Closed/steel-toe shoes are required
- This role requires physical demands of (but not limited to: climbing, lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, standing, squatting)
Warehouse Technician Key Responsibilities
- Partner/support field crew members and leadership as needed; in some cases in a moment’s notice
- Physically receive, verify, count, stage and put-away materials
- Perform maintenance, repair, staging and put-away of equipment
- Assist in development of vehicle and equipment maintenance programs
- Perform cycle counts, restocking shelves and maintain inventory organization
- Assist with loading and unloading field crew trucks
- Assist with unloading/receiving deliveries
- Monitor warehouse/equipment supplies
- Perform daily cleanliness and efficiency of the warehouse