Cementitious Urethane Flooring Solved Stratton Mountain’s Uphill Battle of Commercial Kitchen Maintenance and Repair
- STEP 1 – Prep existing hardwood floors for new urethane overlay
- STEP 2 – Install Fiberglass Mesh Tape with ¾ oz. per sq. ft. top strand
- STEP 3 – Waterproof with flexible epoxy membrane over wood at 4 inches off the walls
- STEP 4 – Install Dur-A-Flex Elast-O-Coat
- STEP 5 – Apply Poly-Crete MDB at ¼ inch
- STEP 6 – Use a ColorFast top coat with a 6 inch seamless coat face
Black Bear Coatings & Concrete spent close to a week on the job site at the Stratton Mountain resort to value engineer a solution that would provide greater coverage and durability in two commercial kitchens that service the facility. The existing wood flooring was difficult to maintain and Stratton Mountain contracted Black Bear to install a more cost-effective solution.
- Project Name – Stratton Mountain: 2 Commercial Kitchens
- Type of Business – Hotel and Lodging
- Location – South Londonderry, Vermont
- Size – 1,800 and 2,400 square feet
- Timeframe – 6 days
- Products – Fiberglass Mesh Tape, Duraflex Elast-O-Coat, Polycrete MDB, ColorFast top coat sealer
This project required extensive prep of deteriorating wood floors prior to installing a waterproof, cementitious urethane. Black Bear also needed to select the correct drain details quickly to make the job’s tight deadline. Scheduling and coordination of an out of town jobsite was a challenge, which Black Bear managed with the general contractor and facilities manager.
Black Bear Solution
Black Bear assessed the aging wood floors and determined that a waterproofing system was needed to provide greater protection from the wet spaces and byproducts of the two commercial kitchens. With the kitchens situated adjacent to visitor areas of the facilities, Black Bear provider greater protection against moisture that could damage existing structures. In addition, a cementitious urethane was engineered to upgrade their existing floors to a more durable and easily maintained solution for the high-traffic kitchens.
About the Client – Stratton Mountain
The Stratton Mountain resort offers year round activities, fine dining and picturesque views of Vermont’s green mountains. From first-class skiing and snowboarding in the winter, to tennis and golf in the summer, the resort is centrally located and offers visitors accommodations including cozy lodges, full-service hotels and spacious condominiums.
We can help you with your flooring needs. Contact us today for a free estimate!